Former Wimbledon Champion Bartoli Announces Return to WTA Tour
Written by MaxFM on December 20, 2017
Marion Bartoli announced on Tuesday that she would return to professional tennis in 2018 after more than four years of retirement.
The Frenchwoman shocked the tennis world when she quit the sport in 2013, a little over a month after winning her maiden grand slam title at Wimbledon, saying her body could no longer keep up with the demands of the sport.
In July last year, she said that she was sufferingb from a virus and feared for her life.
The 33-year-old confirmed her return to the women’s tour in a video she posted on her official twitter account.
She wrote on the post:
“I am delighted to announce my comeback on the professional circuit of the @WTA next year
I am so looking forward to see you again during my matches and share some amazing emotions with you . @Eurosport_FR #marionisback”
I am delighted to announce my comeback on the professional circuit of the @WTA next year
I am so looking forward to see you again during my matches and share some amazing emotions with you . @Eurosport_FR #marionisback pic.twitter.com/KVPUnwEqlpAdvertisement
— Marion bartoli (@bartoli_marion) December 19, 2017
These were her words in the video;
“I have something to tell you – I’m coming back this year onthe profesional tour,”she said. “It’s going to be a huge challenge. Istill have a lot of practice ahead of me, but I’m hoping to be ready for March and the Miami Open.Advertisement
“I’m really looking forward to be on the court again in front of you, to feel your support, especially in Paris, of course in Roland Garros, in my home country, but also for the Fed Cup – and Wimbledon. I’m so looking forward to it.”